Introduction to ICV in Oman
In-Country Value (ICV) is a key concept in supply chain management, which refers to the extent to which goods and services procured from a country contribute to the country’s economic and social development. This course will cover key topics such as ICV guidelines in Oman, Qimam program, and other local content initiatives. Participants will learn how ICV can benefit Oman’s economy and job creation, and how they can contribute to ICV as suppliers or contractors.
This one-day training course is designed to provide participants with a fundamental understanding of ICV and its application in Oman, with a specific focus on the Qimam program and other local content initiatives.
These objectives are focused and are designed to give participants an understanding of the basics of ICV and Qimam program in Oman. The key objectives of this online training course as follows:
- To provide participants with a basic understanding of ICV and its application in Oman, with a specific focus on the Qimam program and other local content initiatives.
- To familiarize participants with ICV guidelines in Oman, and how they relate to the contract management.
- To learn how ICV Plan is evaluated in tender evaluation
There is no specific pre-requisite to attend this course. This course is delivered face- to-face, and in English language. It addresses awareness level of competence
The total duration of the course is around 6 hours, i.e. one-day course.
Size of Learning Batch
The learning batch for this crush-course training can be up to 30 participants.
Who Should Attend?
This training is intended for professionals who are interested in familiarizing themselves about ICV and Qimam programs. The course is designed to be relevant and applicable to individuals from a wide range of industries and backgrounds, and to those at different levels of experience and seniority. It is also beneficial for small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) owners and managers who want to learn about ICV and its applications.
- Introduction to In-Country Value (ICV) and its application in Oman
- Definition of ICV and its significance
- ICV guidelines in Oman, with a specific focus on the Qimam program and other local content initiatives
- Key elements of ICV Plan
- How ICV Plan is evaluated in tender evaluation
- Explanation of ICV in tendering process
- Introduction to ICV Qimam program
- Summary of key learning points
- Final Q&A session