Corporate Credit Rating Analysis
CORPORATE CREDIT RATING ANALYSIS
Duration : 3 days
This seminar provides delegates with an in-depth understanding of the rating practices employed by our sister company, Moody’s Investors Services, for assessing corporate credit risk-from the fundamental credit analysis framework to rating methodologies, financial ratios and how Moody’s rating committees operate. This is an intermediate level course which will improve delegates’ use and interpretation of ratings in their day-to-day work. It is designed to be intensely practical, using up-to-date cases and examples across multiple sectors.
Upon completion of this workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Gain insight into the credit rating process of Moody’s Investors Services Apply a structured approach to corporate credit
- Calculate and interpret key financial ratios used in the credit rating process, understand why and how Moody’s adjusts reported
- Discuss the different qualitative and quantitative measures Moody’s uses across
- Describe the concepts behind alternative measures of risk, such as market implied ratings, and their use in credit
- Session 1: Understanding & Using credit ratings
- Session 2: Industry analysis & credit rating process
- Session3: Cash flow & financial ratio analysis
- Session 4: Assessing liquidity & alternative liquidity.
- Session 5: Analyzing corporate groups.
- Session 6: Introduction to Moody’s Investor Services Notching principles for corporates.